DMSE Conference Room Policy:
- All rooms are available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- Set-up and clean-up is the sole responsibility of the individuals and groups using the rooms and should be factored into the reservation period; the clean-up, along with returning furniture, blinds, etc., to their original arrangement, must be done immediately following the event. If assistance is needed, please contact MIT Facilties to schedule and arrange payment for their services. Users are asked to clean up any food waste either by requesting custodial service or bagging waste and placing it in the hallway for pickup.
- It is the responsibility of the group or individual making the reservation to arrange for the drop-off and pick-up of any required AV equipment or food and catering equipment and to meet AV and catering staff when they arrive.
- Any event running long and inconveniencing another group will be interrupted.
- If a reservation is no longer needed, please cancel as early as possible so that others may use the room. Room administrators are not responsible for any personal items left, lost, or stolen in the conference rooms.
- Reservations may not be made more than 90 days in advance.
- If you need to use the room outside normal business hours (DMSE-run events only) you will need to pick up a key from DMSE Headquarters in Room 6-113 a day in advance. If you will be using the room later in the evening, it is your responsibility to make sure that the room is locked at the end of your event and the key is returned the following morning. Failure to follow these rules may result in discontinued use of our spaces.
- First priority will be given to Departmental meetings and events. The Department reserves the right to cancel any reservation up until one day prior to the event if a pressing Departmental need arises.
- Use of DMSE's conference rooms and other spaces must conform to MIT policies, including for alcohol.
The room use policies and available equipment are described on their pages; please review carefully and request reservations using the webform. Extreme and/or consistent failure to abide by these policies may result in the denial of use of these rooms.