Metallography facilities are part of the DMSE Laboratory for Physical Metallurgy. A list of equipment and their rates is shown below. Please contact Dr. Shaymus Hudson for training and access.
There is a 50% additional charge for assisted use and for training. An additional 60.5% overhead is charged for personal or non-MIT use. Outside use can be paid via checks payable to MIT, and invoices for outside charges can be issued once a month through the DMSE Finanical Office.
Metallography Lab Equipment
- Buehler Isomet 4000 Linear Precision Saw: $15/hr
- Struers Rotopol, Rotopol-with-Pedemat, and Tegrapol: $15/hr
- Buehler AutoMet 250 Polisher: $15/hr
- Struers Prontopress-2: $15/hr
- Buehler Simplimet 4000 Mounting Machine: $15/hr
- Cold Mounting Station: $15/hr
- Metallurgical Microscopes: $15/hr
- Metallographic Etching: $15/hr