C. Cem Tasan
- Associate Professor of Metallurgy
- BS, MS Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, METU, 2005
- PhD Mechanical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology, 2010
Materials Processing; Mechanical Behavior of Materials; Metallurgy; Structural Materials
Professor Tasan explores the boundaries of physical metallurgy, solid mechanics, and in-situ microscopy, in order to provide game-changing materials solutions to environmental challenges.
He received his Ph.D. in Mechanics of Materials from Eindhoven University of Technology in the Netherlands. Following postdoctoral work at Max-Planck-Institut für Eisenforschung in Germany, he was appointed as a Group Leader, leading the Adaptive Structural Materials group until joining MIT in 2016.
His group at MIT mainly focuses on
- developing high resolution multi-field mapping methods;
- employing these methods to improve the physical understanding of the underlying transformation, deformation, damage and resetting mechanisms in nanostructured alloys;
- creating damage-resistant and/or resettable alloy design concepts based on this improved understanding.
October 30, 2019
August 16, 2019
February 6, 2019
November 28, 2018
September 20, 2018
April 21, 2018