Monday, September 28th, the Department of Materials Science and Engineering will host the 9th annual MADMEC finals in 6-120 at 6:30 PM.
MADMEC is a prototyping contest sponsored by Saint Gobain and the Dow Chemical Company. The goal of the contest is to engage student teams in prototyping, design, and device fabrication, utilizing materials science and engineering solutions to solve problems related to sustainability and habitat.
Please stop by to see the five MADMEC finalist teams present their work. These include:
- Glasswings: Biomimetic anti-reflective coatings
- Harrek: Mechanical walking assistance
- Lumos: Photoluminescent road paints
- Transient Phase Science: Powder metallurgy parts through TLP bonding
- TTRM: Regulating tire pressure through phase change materials
Following the presentations, we'll have JP Licks ice cream and a poster session with the teams in 6-104.
Please join us and feel free to bring friends or forward this invitation to anyone with an interest.