Grad Student Resources
Questions about procedures for your thesis proposal? Want to learn more about student organizations and opportunities to get involved in the Department and the Institute? Looking for information on a professional society? Resources for graduate student life can be found here.
- ACerS: The American Ceramics Society
- ASM: The American Society of Materials
- ECS: Electrochemical Society
- MRS: Materials Research Society
- SAMPE: The Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering
- Society for Biomaterials
- TMS: The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society
General MIT Grad Student Resources
All MIT personnel must complete Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) training. Information about DMSE's requirements are found on the lab safety page. Further information can be found on the MIT EHS and the Center for Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE) sites.