- 3.012 Fundamentals of Materials Science and Engineering (15) REST (OCW archive available). MIT Energy Initiative article about 3.012.
- 3.014 Materials Laboratory (12) CI-M (OCW archive available )
- 3.022 Microstructural Evolution in Materials (12)
- 3.024 Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Properties of Materials (12) (see catalog description)
Junior and Senior
- 3.032 Mechanical Behavior of Materials (12) (OCW archive available)
- 3.034 Organic and Biomaterials Chemistry (12) (OCW archive available)
- 3.042 Materials Project Laboratory (12) CI-M
- 3.044 Materials Processing (12) (OCW archive available)
- To satisfy the Computation requirement, 3.021J Introduction to Modeling and Simulation (12) REST (OCW archive available), can be taken as sophomore instead; or 1.00, Engineering Computation and Data Science (12) REST, or 6.00, Introduction to Computer Science and Programming (12) REST, or 3.016 Computational Methods for Materials Scientists and Engineers (12). OCW archive available.
Note: 3.016 changed to 3.016 Computational Methods for Materials Scientists and Engineers . It only satisfies the computation or restricted elective requirement (no longer the math requirement).