Furnaces, presses, and other related equipment are part of the DMSE Laboratory for Physical Metallurgy. A list of equipment and their rates is shown below. Please contact Dr. Shaymus Hudson for training and access.
For furnace use, billing is charged for heating to and holding at a specified temperature (not cool-down). There is a 50% additional charge for assisted use and for training. An additional 60.5% overhead is charged for personal or non-MIT use. Outside use can be paid via checks payable to MIT, and invoices for outside charges can be issued once a month through the DMSE Finanical Office.
Furnace Laboratory Equipment
- Lindberg 54932A Tube Furnace (1 in. Tube): $15/hr
- Lindberg 54454C Tube Furnace (3 in. Tube): $15/hr
- CM Hydrogen Tube Furnace (3.125 in. Tube): $40/hr
- Thermolyne 48000 Box Furnace: $15/hr
- Omegalux Box Furnace: $15/hr
- Lindberg 51333 Box Furnace: $15/hr
- Lindberg 51441 Box Furnace: $15/hr
- Lindberg 51442 Box Furnace: $15/hr
- O2-H2 torch/Quartz Ampoule Encapsulation Bench: $45/hr
- Rotary ball mill: $15/hr to a maximum of $60 per calendar month
- Legend Mach 1.6 Centrifuge: Free
- Carver Presses: Free